The Food Cupboard is looking for more volunteers. Won’t you join us in helping others?
See if you have the time for at least one of these opportunities.
Specific needs are:
• Mondays--Willow Grove Wal-Mart pick up at 11:30. We pick up, bring the food to the cupboard, weigh all the boxes, get the temperature on all frozen food, put food away. Total time is about 1 hour. Person need to be able to pick up heavy boxes. SUV would be preferred. We also need people for back up when a regular volunteer is out.
• Tuesdays--Wawa on Philmont Ave. Pick up is mid-morning. Volunteer needs to stop at cupboard to get insulated bags first. When back at the cupboard, bags are weighed and food is stacked neatly in bins then put in the freezer. Thermal bags are then cleaned out.
• Wednesdays--Jenkintown Acme pick up at 11:45. Pick up boxes of food, bring back to the cupboard, weigh all boxes and get the temperatures on all frozen and refrigerated food, put food away. Total time about 45 minutes. Person needs to be able to pick up heavy boxes. SUV would be preferred. We also need people for back up when a regular volunteer is out.
• Wednesdays--Help with sorting, scanning and storing boxes of food from 10 to 12. There will be training for this job.
• Thursdays--We need greeters from 9:30 to 2:00. Greeter helps with both of the lotteries giving out numbers, sends the patrons to shop, dry mops Fellowship Hall floor.
• Thursdays--We need a couple more volunteers to help during food distribution, 10 to 2:30. We also need people who can be back ups when we have multiple volunteers out.
• The clothing room also needs help. Please contact Karen or Mary Ann if you know of someone who would like working with clothing. They can give you more info.
People can contact the cupboard through our email, email@example.com. All volunteers need PA Background Check and Child Abuse Clearance.